A little bit about us…
Hats and Ladders is an online platform that is designed to help people become career-thinkers and increase their career-building expertise. We are partnered with DYCD to prepare participants for their summer youth employment experiences through a self-guided orientation! Participants explore different career paths through this process which expose them to an array of career options.
What you'll find in this article:
- A website guide
- Hats and Ladders requirements (SYEP)
- SYEP 2022 Self-guided orientation requirement
- How to access the platform for new and returning users
- Self-guided orientation completion (next steps)
- How to change or add your profile name
- How to change your account email
Check out these tutorial videos to help guide you through the website!
Be sure to check out the FAQ page for any questions you might have.
Am I ready to advance with Hats and Ladders?
Before you can move onto Hats and Ladders, you must be fully enrolled into SYEP. You may check your SYEP status here.
- If your status appears as “enrolled”, you may start to log into the platform (see next question for steps to do so)
- If your status does not appear as “enrolled”, check the application website to see and complete your remaining requirements
Please keep in mind that it can take up to 24 hours for our system to process your enrollment, so you may not be able to log in until then.
If they haven’t already, your provider will reach out to you regarding orientation soon. You can start completing your tasks before attending the orientation to get a head start!
What is my program requirement from SYEP?
As an SYEP participant, your program requirement is to complete all 10 tasks on the Hats and Ladders app labeled as "SYEP 2022 Orientation" within ten days of starting the tasks. You may complete the tasks at your own pace, with a maximum of 10 days for completion. Your provider will be able to view your progress and competition on their end.
How do I access the Hats and Ladders platform?
You may access the platform here.
Once you are on the website, please click on the “start” button. You will be directed to the login page.
For first time users…
- Please click “create account” to create an NYC.ID account
- You may also choose to login using an existing external account, such as Google or Yahoo
- Please note that you do not need a group code as an SYEP participant
- After creating the account, you will be prompted to enter your SYEP ID and Date of Birth. You’re all set to start completing your tasks!
- Tip: After you create your NYC.ID account, log into NYC.ID and ensure the full name that you have used matches the name on your SYEP Application
For returning users…
- You may login to Hats and Ladders using the same email/username as the previous years
- If you do not remember your previous login information, please reach out to the Hats and Ladders help desk
I've completed my orientation... What’s next?
Congratulations on completing all 10 tasks! To ensure that you have completed all of your tasks, check to see if there is a green checkmark next to all 10 tasks. If you would like to submit proof of completion to your provider, you can do so by:
- Going to the PORTFOLIO tab at the top of your Hats and Ladders page
- Then, click on the print button next to Portfolio. You should select the option to save it as a PDF at the destination section
- For further information on how to save your portfolio as a PDF, please see instructions for mac
Please complete the sexual harassment prevention training that can be found here, and submit the certificate to your provider.
How can I change or add my name to Hats and Ladders?
If you logged in with a Google account, visit this link to add or change your name on Google. If you logged in with an NYC.ID account…
- Log OUT of the Hats & Ladders app
- Log into the NYC.ID Site
- Select the following tab: Name (default)
- Next, enter your first name, middle initial, or last name
- Click the “Save Changes” button.
- Log back into Hats & Ladders to view your updated profile name change
Please note that this process may take up to 24 hours to update on your profile.
How do I change my password on NYC.ID?
You can reset your NYC.ID password by going to this page and following the instructions to reset your account password.
Enter the email or username that you used to set up your NYC.ID account, then check your email for the reset password link.